Crispy bacon, melty mozzarella cheese, sliced green onions, and perfectly baked egg. If you enjoy eating pizza for breakfast, then you will love this pie!
Whether pizza is an appropriate breakfast food or not can be a hotly debated topic in some circles. But we hope to find a compromise with this pizza. Combining everything we love about pizza with everything we love about breakfast, this is an all-in-one solution that everyone can get behind.
We started by chopping up a few slices of bacon and frying them in a pan. Once crispy, we removed them from the pan and let them rest while we got to work building our pizza. First we spread a light layer of olive oil on our dough, followed by generous slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. We then added the chopped bacon as well as a handful of sliced scallions.
When then transferred the pizza onto the pizza stone, which we had been preheating with the PizzaDome. Once in position, we cracked a single egg on top and covered with the lid. When it finished cooking, we removed it from the heat and topped it with sliced avocado.
The end result was a beautiful melody of morning flavors layered together on top of a crispy crust pizza. A true breakfast of champions.
See This Recipe In Action
Breakfast Pizza (makes 1, 10'' pizza)
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 8 oz pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon each flour & cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 oz low moisture mozzarella, sliced or shredded
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- Place the metal triangle base on your BaseCamp stove and set the pizza stone on top. Cover with the PizzaDome and preheat to at least 450.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until just crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Dust your cutting board with the flour & cornmeal and roll out your dough into a 10” circle using a rolling pin or water bottle. Prick the dough all over with a fork (this prevents the dough from bubbling up too much while cooking).
- Top the pizza with olive oil, cheese, bacon, scallions, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Remove the PizzaDome lid from the stove and carefully transfer the pizza to the pre-heated pizza stone. Crack an egg in the middle of the pizza, cover with the lid, and cook above 450 for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the egg has set.
- Remove pizza from the stove, cut into slices and enjoy!