As Spring sets in and the weather gradually starts to warm up, we are still confronted with many brisk evenings outdoors. This Black Bean Chili recipe is the perfect dish to enjoy as the cold bite of winter wears off. Grab your CampStove, cut up your veggies, and feast on a scrumptious meal in less than 30 minutes. Make it for yourself, a romantic adventure out under the stars or even invite a few friends.
Black Bean Chili (serves 2-4 people)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (whatever color you prefer)
- 1 package of ground beef or vegetarian meat
- 4 teaspoons of cumin
- 4 teaspoons of oregano
- 4 teaspoons of paprika powder (optional)
- 2-3 teaspoons of chili powder
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Bag of Tortillas
- Fire up your CampStove 2 so it is nice and hot by the time you want to start cooking.
- Chop the veggies into bite size chunks
- In your KettlePot, sauté onions with spices. Add diced meat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes or until the meat is 90% cooked. (Quick Tip: If you let simmer for a little bit longer you will get a smokier taste).
- Add in the diced tomatoes and black beans. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Divide up the steaming chili and dig in. It is really good paired with tortillas.