Why Pass Thru+ Makes HeadLamp 800 Pro The Best HeadLamp For Winter Use
As the days get shorter and colder, many customers reach out asking about headlamp use in the winter. Questions like, "How long will my light last?" or "Which headlamp is best for cold weather performance?" are common this time of year. Our answer: You'll have hours of reliable light with HeadLamp 800 Pro and Pass Thru+ charging.
About HeadLamp 800 Pro
HeadLamp 800 Pro is designed for pro-level activity while maintaining our recognizable lightweight design and comfortable fit. Features include:
- USB rechargeable - no extra batteries needed
- No-bounce, 3D SlimFit construction - we took the battery and put it on the back of your head to balance weight, allow for a sleek front design, and keep your headlamp in place while on the go. Wearing a hat or helmet? Not a problem - easily adjust to your needed size.
- A very bright 800 Lm burst mode that lasts up to 30 seconds
- Constant mode that keeps your headlamp staying consistently bright (most headlamps dim over time to conserve battery, but don't give you the option to override this curve)
- An 8 hour backup reserve mode - think of it as peace-of-mind on dark adventures
- A lock mode so your headlamp doesn't accidentally get turned on while traveling
- A dimmable rear light for added visibility on the road or trail
- A single, large button you can operate even when wearing gloves
- and Pass Thru+ charging for extreme cold or long nights - learn more below.
How Pass Thru+ Technology Works
Pass Thru+ is a feature designed with extremely cold nighttime adventures in mind. When connected to an external power bank (like the BioLite Charge 40 PD), HeadLamp 800 Pro will completely bypass the internal battery and use your larger power bank as its energy source. We made this connection easy with HeadLamp 800 Pro's included 3 foot long Run Forever Cord.
Why does this matter? Lithium-ion batteries, like the one in HeadLamp 800 Pro, can operate between -4°F to 122°F, but perform best in the middle of this range. Extreme cold temperatures limit battery capacities, so finding ways to keep your battery warm is important for peak performance.
Looking for a warm place to storm your power bank? BioLite HeadLamp 800 reviewers recommend putting your power bank as close to your body as possible (inside coat pockets or in base layers), using body heat to maximize battery life.
Adventure In The Cold
Start earlier and end later when you pair HeadLamp 800 Pro and Charge 40 PD. Your included Run Forever Cord completes your kit, allowing you to use Pass Thru+ and other pro features on even the coldest of winter nights.