This camp pizza recipe is like a bright beam of Mediterranean sunlight shining down on your campsite.
Sometimes a traditional meat and cheese pizza can feel just a little too heavy. Perhaps it’s really hot outside or maybe we haven’t been eating super healthy all day. We’re not saying we don’t want pizza - we definitely do - but if we could just find a way to make it feel a little lighter, that would be great.
Enter our Greek-style vegetarian flatbread cooked up on our BioLite PizzaDome bundle.
Start by lightly spreading olive oil on your pizza dough. Then cover with crumbled feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, sliced artichoke hearts and chopped kalamata olives. After a few minutes inside your Pizza Dome, the crust will turn golden brown and the feta will be soft but not quite melted. This will make each bite crispy, tangy, and bright.
So if you’re looking to lighten up your pizza selection, try this vegetarian Greek pizza the next time you’re camping.
See This Recipe In Action
Greek Style Pizza (makes 1, 10" pizza)
- 8 oz. pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon each flour and cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 whole artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Place the metal triangle base on your BaseCamp stove and set the pizza stone on top. Cover with the PizzaDome and preheat to at least 450.
- Dust your cutting board with the flour & cornmeal and roll out your dough into a 10” circle using a rolling pin or water bottle. Prick the dough all over with a fork (this prevents the dough from bubbling up too much while cooking).
- Top the pizza with olive oil, oregano, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, crumbled feta, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Top the pizza with the remaining ¼ cup BBQ sauce, cheese, chicken, red onions, and a pinch of salt.
- Remove the PizzaDome lid from the stove and carefully transfer the pizza to the pre-heated pizza stone. Cook above 450 for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove pizza from the stove, cut into slices and enjoy!