PizzaDome Cookbook: Homemade Pizza Dough
April 20, 2020
Spending more time around the house is bringing out the inner chef in all of us. And no activity is gaining popularity quite like baking your own bread. This got us to thinking, why not start making our own pizza dough too? Our friend Ted (@wellfedted) pulled together this pizza dough recipe specifically for BioLite. With just 5 ingredients, making your own pizza dough has never been easier.
BioLite Pizza Dough (Makes Two 12'' Pizzas)
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 3-24 Hours
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cups Warm Water
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl if not using a mixer) combine flour, water, and yeast and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes and then add the salt and olive oil and mix again for another 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and only slightly tacky (this could take longer depending on humidity where you are so be patient).
- Divide the dough into equal portions and form them into tight balls by rolling the edges in on themselves until you end up with a nice smooth surface. If you’re looking to make pizza ASAP, place each ball in a separate large bowl and cover with plastic or a damp cloth for 2 hours to proof. If you have time, place the balls in sealed containers in the refrigerator overnight to develop flavor.
- After 2 hours or the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and form into a ball. Allow the dough ball to rest for 30 minutes before stretching for pizza.
- If you proofed the dough in the fridge overnight, pull the dough balls out and allow them to come to room temperature to make stretching easier.
- Stretch dough into a 12” round, top with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake on the BioLite BaseCamp PizzaDome Bundle until golden, brown, and delicious.
Ready to turn that dough into a pizza pie?