FirePit Cookbook: Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
October 29, 2020
Our newest FirePit accessory, the cast-iron Griddle, is designed to transform the way you experience breakfast outside. Whether it’s classic bacon & eggs, a sweet potato hash, or a whole griddle full of flapjacks - our ambassadors have tried it all. Today we’re sharing a recipe from Glen & Alan in Colorado for those who crave a sweet treat in the morning. What’s great about this recipe is that it only requires 5 ingredients, can be ready in 15-20 minutes, is super packable and fitting for the fall weather.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 Cups of Bob’s Red Mill Pancake Mix (we love this mix because you can pack it in a plastic bag or Tupperware and it only requires you to add water)
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 Apples (we prefer the Pink Lady or Gala variety)
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Prep your FirePit. With your fuel rack at the highest level, pour in some charcoal to create a bed of coals and light using a BBQ lighter.
- As you wait for the coals to heat up, place the griddle on top of the FirePit.
- In a bowl, combine the Pancake mix and water and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Using the knife in your BioLite Prep & Grill Tool Kit, cut apples into thin slices.
- Once the griddle is hot, butter the space and pour out couple of pancakes onto the griddle.
- Wait until you see the batter start to bubble and then flip using your spatula.
- After a couple of minutes, remove pancakes from the griddle, add apple, sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon and top with either honey or your favorite maple syrup.
- Enjoy with a fresh cup of coffee.
What’s your favorite backcountry breakfast? Tag us on Instagram to be featured in an upcoming post.